This Policy is based on the principles of notice/awareness, choice/consent, access/participation and integrity/security in the collection and use of all information regarding our users and their activities at the Site. Please review this Policy each time you use the Site as it is subject to change at any time by HARVARD CLUB OF INDIA without notice to you. It is your obligation to review this Policy from time to time. By accessing the Site you are indicating your agreement to this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately upon posting to this Site.
I. Notice of our policy: This Policy tells you, among other things, what information we gather from you, how we may use or disclose that information and our efforts protect it. Please read this Policy carefully, and feel free to contact if you have any questions regarding its contents.
II. What types of information are collected and why?
- Information submitted by you: At times, we may ask you to provide information about yourself in order to better serve you. For example, some of the iter serve you. For example, some of the information collected may include name, title, address, phone number, email address, and other relevant data. We do not require this information to obtain access to any area of our Site, however, you are required to ered user prior to ordering any products on our Site.
- Information collected by Cookies: We may also make use of website “cookies” to help you use our services more easily and to help us continuously improve our Site and our service to you. A “cookie” is a small data file that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive to help our Site “remember” information about you when you return to our Site, such as your preferences for our Site or account identifications. Our cookies do not read data off of your hard drive, read cookie files created by other websites track any personal information about you. You may have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies, however, doing so may negatively impact upon the performance of the Site or restrict us in better serving your needs and interests. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
III. How does harvard club of india use my information?
- User Identification: We will retain this information on a secure server so that on re-visiting our Site, you will not need to re-enter that information. HARVARD CLUB OF INDIA may use this information in an aggregated form to measure number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, and other relevant statistics. HARVARD CLUB OF INDIA collects this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
We use your personally identifying information to identify you as a user of the Site and to assist and speed the completion of transactions on the Site. We may use your email address to contact you directly regarding services or products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use information collected about your preferences and activities at the Site, such as the particular pages you request at the Site and purchases or other transactions you effect through the Site, we may vary the content you receive in future visits to the Site based on your preferences and activities.
- Disclosure of Aggregate Information: We may combine your personally identifying information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of sales conducted through the Site in a particular geographic region or to track purchasing trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users’ information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of personal information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Outside Parties: Based on your consent we may disclose your personal information that you provide or that we collect, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number etc. to outside parties. We will, however, comply with any court order or other requirement of law, which requires us to disclose your personal information.
IV. What harvard club of india does to keep this site secure
Any information you enter on our accounts setup page is encrypted before transmission to our server. You can safely enter your credit card and personal registration information and it cannot be read in transit to our server.
Our Site may contain “links” to other websites, and we cannot and are not responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Site. We attempt to only link to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. If you provide any information to parties who operate websites that are linked to or from this Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review other websites’ policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Under no circumstances shall HARVARD CLUB OF INDIA have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through the Site.
Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
V. What You Can Do To Protect Your Information
- Use only secures websites when disclosing your personally identifiable information. Secure pages begin with “https”.
- Avoid easy to-figure out access and personal ID (PIN) codes.
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number (SSN) or financial data.
- Do not disclose your passwords to the Site or your account information to any other person.